Wednesday, August 27, 2008

iPhone vs. Ultra Portable computers?!

So I was reading back on Adrian's blog just checking to see if he posted anything new, and there was one post i  hadn't read before about the iPhone or the Asus Eee PC. I thought i would give MY thought on that. Adrian said at the end of his post that there isn't a winner and mobile devices and computers will always just compliment each other and not exactly go against each other as far as competition goes. I kind of disagree.

I LOVE the thought of having a really small intel pc where i could virtually take anywhere, not saying i couldn't do that with my MacBook, but its definitely not as convenient. The only thing i would need a pc like that anywhere would be for...the internet! And thanks why i would prefer my iPhone over something like the Asus Eee PC. With the Asus, yes you get a bigger screen, yes you get a real keyboard, and it obviously has WiFi and i can easily get a broadband card for about 60 bucks for unlimited data. But why would i want to pay an extra 60 bucks for 3G on the Asus if i can just use the iPhone's 3G/EDGE/WiFi? Its extremely convenient to have the whole internet on my phone along with YouTube and such if i want to view some videos and such while sitting in the car on a 4 hour drive to Chicago. On top of that i personally am quite fast now with the touch screen keyboard on the iPhone, so i don't really miss this full keyboard I'm typing on as much, especially on the Asus, where the keyboard is scrunched up on the smaller models.

Point is, i would rather just have the internet on the iPhone then carry an Asus with me. I'm pretty sure any time i need desktop quality app's and such i will have my MacBook. For everything....Hello iPhone.



-Kay

0 comments: